Do you want to learn how to better take care of your bike? We’ve got FREE maintenance courses running across West Yorkshire. See below to book a course, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01274 753 556
Which course is right for me?
Session 1 Safety check, clean and lubricate
• Check your bike to find out what needs adjusting and tighten some nuts and bolts on the way
• How tight is tight?
• Are you sitting comfortably? Make sure your saddle is at the correct height
• I’ll name that part in one – what are the bits on your bike called
• Identify that scraping sound
• Keeping it clean – learn how to keep your bike clean and correctly lubricated
• Under pressure – how to make sure that your tyres are correctly inflated
Session 2 Wheel, tyre and tube removal. Mending a puncture
• Rear wheel removal
• Quick release skewers and how they work
• Feeling tyred? How to get that tyre off and on again
• What caused it? How to find out how you got the puncture
• Mending a puncture
• Refitting the wheel
Session 3 Brake adjustment cables and blocks
• Stop in the name of love
• Why aren’t those brakes working?
• Cleaning and lubricating cables
• Indentifying your brakes and buying the right parts.
• Changing a brake cable
• Changing brake blocks
• Setting up your brakes correctly
Session 4 Gear adjustment
• How a derailleur works
• What do those little screws do?
• Setting up gears
• Checking compatibility
• Changing a gear cable
• Gear hangers