What is CityConnect?
At CityConnect our aim is to encourage more people to travel by bike. We’ve built high quality cycle infrastructure such as the Leeds to Bradford Cycle Superhighway, upgraded canal towpaths and we are continuing to improve infrastructure across West Yorkshire. However, we know that there’s more that can be done. We also offer support through engagement initiatives such as cycle training, cycle challenges, business and school support and behaviour change campaigns.
So here’s how we can help you as a business to encourage your staff to commute to work by bike.
Through our accreditation scheme, businesses will be recognised for their efforts in actively encouraging their staff and customers to travel by bike, and will be able to say with confidence that they are a Bike Friendly Business!
What is a Bike Friendly Business?
A Bike Friendly Business is one that strives to create an environment in which travelling by bike is the easiest, most convenient option. It welcomes people on bikes by providing high-quality cycle parking, as well as washing and changing facilities, and somewhere to store their belongings. It will provide a maintenancearea with a selection of tools where people can tune up their bike before their ride home. The business will make available information on how people can arrive by bike, and will actively promote this as its preferred mode of travel.
The very best Bike Friendly Businesses will offer their staff confidence-building training, bike-related social activities and pool bikes, and will also provide a Bike to Work scheme that offers tax-free bikes to employees.
Sign up to the Bike Friendly Business (BFB) accreditation scheme and we’ll give you the support you need to improve cycling facilities at your organisation!
What will the BFB Accreditation scheme give you?
• Best practice guidance to cycling facilities and other supportive measures
• A visit from our Bike Friendly Business team to help assess your existing facilities
• Following your application, we’ll give you tailored feedback, listing achievable goals that will help you progress through the tiers of accreditation
• You’ll be able to apply for a small grant of up to £5000, offered to help you create that perfect environment to encourage staff and visitors to cycle to your organisation
• Your efforts promoting travel by bike will be rewarded with our accreditation scheme
Please contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest and book your site visit!
To see what makes a Bike Friendly Business, click here.