For the purposes of the Data Protection Act (2018) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the ‘controller’ of the personal data which you provide in the attached form is the West Yorkshire Combined Authority (“WYCA”, “Combined Authority” “we”, “us”) of Wellington House, 40-50 Wellington St, Leeds LS1 2DE (tel: 0113 251 7272). WYCA is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number ZA051694. The Combined Authority is collecting this data and will process it for the purpose of monitoring and evaluating the impact of the CityConnect Communications and Engagement Project. This will also involve either WYCA or one of its partners (Cycling UK, BikeRight!, Sustrans, Love to Ride, Living Streets) contacting participants at a further date with a follow-up survey to assess the impact of the programme. Data provided will be retained for the duration of the CityConnect project.
The personal information we collect is that which data subjects provide to the organisation via direct engagement. This includes, but is not limited to information provided via:
- consultation responses
- complaints and feedback
- survey responses
- applications for travel passes
- job applications and employee information
- applications for employment and skills related programmes.
We also collect information via CCTV. CCTV is used for maintaining the security of property and premises and for preventing and investigating crime, it may also be used to monitor staff when carrying out work duties. For these reasons the information processed may include visual images, personal appearance and behaviours. This information may be about employees, customers and clients, offenders and suspected offenders, members of the public and those inside, entering or in the immediate vicinity of the area under surveillance. In addition, there may instances where our staff use body-worn video (BWV) technology in specific locations. Where BWV is used, this will be clearly sign-posted within the vicinity of the relevant area(s).
Personal information is processed for the following specified purposes:
- processing your requests and delivering services you request from us
- sending you information which you have requested
- auditing the usage of our websites
- monitoring the usage of our websites to enable the us to update and tailor our websites to meet the needs of users
- sending marketing information only where a person has specifically consented to this
- to comply with our legal obligations including fraud protection and crime prevention
- performing our statutory functions in relation to transport planning, service improvement and economic regeneration of the region.
We may keep a record of those weblinks which are most regularly used, thus enabling us to provide the most helpful information to users on our websites. Such information is held anonymously and you will not be personally identifiable from this information.
We would also like to:
- send you information about cycling-related services offered by WYCA; and
- share your contact details with other organisations which provide cycling-related services, namely Cycling UK, Living Street, Sustrans, Cycle Leeds and BikeRight! only so that they may communicate with you about cycling-related services.
Disclosure of your data
We will only disclose your information to third parties when:
- there is a business need to do so as we may use third parties to process data on our behalf or run projects in conjunction with other organisations. Should we anticipate such activity we will inform you at the point we collect information from you or at the nearest possible opportunity
- we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of others; this includes, but is not limited to exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and crime prevention.
We will retain your information in line with the period outlined at the time the data is collected and only for as long as it is necessary to do so.
In the event that we need to transfer personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that the appropriate safeguards are in place and that your information is processed securely.
Any changes we make to this privacy statement will be posted on this page and where appropriate, will be notified to you by e-mail or post.
You have the right to request us to stop processing your data. Please note this may result in the withdrawal of particular services you have requested from us where the processing of your data is necessary for the delivery of said services. Opting out of marketing communications will not affect your entitlement to receive services from us.
You have the right to request the information we hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR). You can use the contact details provided below to make a SAR.
If you wish to contact us about this privacy statement or to make a request, please use the following details:
West Yorkshire Combined Authority Wellington House
40-50 Wellington Street
Tel: 0113 251 7272