Does your bike need a bit of TLC this winter? Want to learn how to be safer on the roads? If so, we’ve got just the event for you.
We’re excited to be working with the fire fighters of Stanningley Fire Station, West Yorkshire Police and West Yorkshire Safer roads to bring to you, in one event everything you need to be safe, seen and secure whilst out on your bike this winter.
Call in on your way home from work or make a special trip along the Cycle Superhighway up to Stanningley Fire Station. We’ll be there November 24th from 3.30pm – 8pm, so just call in.
Whether you regularly cycle or you haven’t been out on your bike in years, bring your bike and we’ll make sure you’re set to ride. If you’ve got a friend who is interested in starting to ride, why not bring them along?
At the event there will be:
- Dr Bike – Get you bike checked over by a bike maintenance specialist for FREE, if he can’t fix it there and then, he’ll give you advice on what needs fixing.
- Bike marking with the West Yorkshire Police – Register your bike with the police, in case of it being stolen it can be easily identified if found.
- Reduced Lights and Locks Sale with West Yorkshire Safer Roads – purchase a set of high quality lights and a lock worth £75 for just £10.
- Blind Spot training with West Yorkshire Safer Roads – Take a seat in a HGV and understand exactly where the blind spots for these drivers are and learn where to safely position yourself when riding in traffic.
- First aid and safety demonstration with West Yorkshire Fire Service from 6.30pm – Learn how to give basic first aid, if at the scene of a cycling accident.
- Light up safety accessories give away – Grab some wearable light up accessories for you and your bike.
Although you don’t need a ticket to attend, and you are more than welcome to just drop in, it would really help us if you could sign up to the event through Eventbrite so that we know what sort of numbers to expect.